Tips to Prolong Your Juice
- Love to drink juice but too lazy to juice every day?
- Thought about juicing for up to 3 days in advance?
- Concerned that the juice will lose nutritional value?
Well, here are some tips to prolong your juice storage life 💁🏻♀️
- Glass Bottles
Glass bottles have an almost zero rate of chemical interactions, ensuring that the products inside a glass bottle keep their strength, aroma, and flavor. Also, it does not absorb any flavors or odors, not affecting your next juice stored in it!
Fill up your glass bottles with juice until the brim. This would reduce the oxygen in the bottle, thus slowing down the oxidation process.
Glass bottles are ideal for juices. This is why Kuvings have their glass bottles to store juices. Check it out here: https://bit.ly/3oLqWph
- Add lemon into your juice
How does lemon increase the shelf life?
- 🍋 Lemon juice contains plenty of vitamin C, also known as ascorbic acid, which is a powerful antioxidant that prevents spoilage and rotting.
- 🍋 Lemon will lower the PH level of juice. Juice with a low PH (high acidity) will generally last longer than juice with a high PH.
- Store them in the refrigerator
Always store your juices in the fridge! If you don’t, it encourages the bacteria to grow at a rapid rate which would make your juice spoil faster, and when you drink it, you might get an upset stomach😣
How does keeping it in the fridge extend the juice’s shelf life? It uses the same concept as to why you put your leftover food into the refrigerator.
- Use a Cold Press Juicer
Centrifugal juicers involve high speed and heat, which speeds up the oxidation process, making your juice taste odd, and all the nutrients are lost. However, cold press juicers do not involve any high speed or heating. Therefore, you will have a delicious juice packed with nutrients! As the fruits are not oxidised throughout the juicing process, the juices can last longer!