3 Beauty Hacks You Can Do with Juice and it's Pulp
1. Juice infused Face Sheet Mask
Let's talk about some DIY and cost efficient face sheet masks. FIrst of all, things you can make on your own are definitely going to save your wallet. Next, natural ingredients are safe and you are in full control of the ingredients you put into the things you make. Besides that, it's customizable too! Imagine being a scientist, you can grab any fruit you want and pop them into your cold press juicer and make your own juice mask according to your skin’s condition.
How to make these juice masks? Follow these simple steps below:
- Proceed to add your curated fruits and vegetables into your cold press juicer to extract maximum yield of juice (See the attached picture below to customize your own sheet mask).
- Soak a compressed cotton facial mask sheet into the juice. You can find these compressed cotton facial mask sheets from any beauty and wellness shop around you or even online.
- Refrigerate the sheet mask for 20 - 30 minutes and it's ready to use!
How to use it?
- Put the mask on your face and leave it on for 15 - 20 minutes
- Remove and wash your face with cold water
- Follow up with serum and moisturizer
Cucumber + lemon - soothe and hydrates
Papaya + milk + honey - anti- aging, rejuvenate skin
Tomato + yogurt - brightening
Kiwi + yogurt - rejuvenates and recharges skin cell, reduce blemishes
Carrot + lemon + honey - Even out skin tone, glowy skin
2. Lip and Body Scrub
Why buy, when you can make your own lip and body scrub out of leftover juice pulp? That way, the negative effects of preservative chemicals and additives in store-bought scrubs can all be avoided. Plus, using juice pulp to exfoliate dry skin helps nourish skin tissue, they are rich in fibre, antioxidants, minerals and essential vitamins too. Furthermore, it tightens skin pores, reduces inflammation and lightens dark patches to give your skin a healthy glow. So, the next time when you are about to throw away the leftover fruit pulp, you can come back to this blog and whip up a smooth body scrub from scratch. Store them into some fancy overpriced jar and it will be perfect for a self care bathroom session for you or even as a gift for your friends and loved ones.
Before we begin, here are the ingredients you need:
- 2 tablespoons of leftover juice pulp (any fruits or vegetables)
- ¼ cup of brown sugar
- ¼ cup of oil (olive oil or coconut oil)
- ¼ cup of honey
Mix all the above ingredients together in the mixing bowl. And there you have it, a super tasty lip and body scrub leaving your delicate skin smooth, glowy and yummy! Thank us later *wink
Apply using clean and dry fingers, scoop out sufficient scrub needed for the intended area and exfoliate gently in circular motion for 1 minute. Rinse off with lukewarm water and pat dry with a towel. Remember to apply moisturizer after exfoliating to nourish and protect your skin.
3. Hair Mask
Here’s a thought : Swap out your pricey salon hair mask for a homemade hair mask using fruits and some other natural ingredients you can easily find. Fruits contain exceptional amounts of nutrients and vitamins our hair crave. When used in a hair mask, it helps rejuvenate our hair back to its healthy condition. Store bought hair masks usually contain harsh chemicals, shining agents and fake silicone that are damaging to the scalp.
Before we start, we need to make sure the texture is right. We don't mean that you have to weigh each and every ingredient like how you do when you are baking a cake, but you want to make sure that you eyeball the proportion right so that the end result is like a smooth creamy consistency for you to apply it onto your hair.
To make the process easier for you, we have put together a few DIY fruit hair masks made from fruit pulp.
- Pulp from ½ a medium sized papaya
- 2 tablespoon argan oil/ coconut oil
- 2 tablespoon organic honey
In a bowl, add in the pulp of ½ medium size papaya.Then, add 2 tbsp of oil and 2 tbsp of organic honey. Mix well.
Massage a generous amount into the scalp and hair. Next, cover your hair using a shower cap to prevent messing up your place and also to retain the hair mask in place. Let it absorb for 30 minutes and then rinse off. This will promote hair growth and add lustre to mane.
Hydrate dry scalp, anti- dandruff
- Pulp from ½ medium size pineapple
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoon plain yogurt ( full fat, no sugar )
In a bowl, add in the pulp of ½ medium size pineapple.Then, add 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil and 3 tbsp of plain yogurt. Mix well.
Massage a generous amount into the scalp and hair. Next, cover your hair using a shower cap to prevent messing up your place and also to retain the hair mask in place. Let it absorb for 30 minutes and then rinse off. The combination of yogurt and oil acts as a natural detangler because it coats the hair shaft and smooths out split ends. Fresh pineapple is not only full of invigorating Vitamin C, but it also leaves a fragrant fresh scent on your hair.
For thinning hair or hair that grows too slow. Fight split ends.
- Pulp from ½ large ripe mango
- Pulp from ½ large extra ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened dark cocoa powder
In a bowl, add in the pulp of ½ large mango and pulp from ½ large avocado. Then, add 2 tbsp of unsweetened dark cocoa powder. Mix well.
Massage a generous amount into the scalp and hair. As you apply the Mango Mania hair mask, wind your waves into curlicue shapes with your fingers, and make sure that each ringlet is thoroughly coated with the mixture.Next, cover your hair using a shower cap to prevent messing up your place and also to retain the hair mask in place. Let it absorb for 30 minutes and then rinse off.
Perfect for curly or wavy hair prone to frizz.
We hope you enjoy taking yourself for a spin in your self-care, self-love, zen time using the beauty hacks above in addition to creating less waste to mother earth in the process.
Blog postsView all
- Heart-Healthy Slow Juicing Recipes
- Enhancing Digestion: Slow Juicing Solution for Gut Health
- Slow Juicing Recipes for Menstrual Comfort
- Creating Zero Waste Snacks from Slow Juicer Leftovers
- Mastering Stress Relief in Modern Life
- Protein Recharge: Slow Juicer Smoothies for Post-Workout Recovery
- Ways to Take Care of Your Sinuses