Healthy Christmas Snacks
Festive seasons are meant to be celebrated joyfully with laughter and good companions. And it will normally be served with good, delicious foods and drinks! What if we can make it delightful and also healthy at the same time?
Healthy snacks doesn't mean you need to discard all those delicious meals that we’ve been enjoying all these while. But start with adding healthy snacks as part of the meals so you can have more options and eventually be mindful of your eating habits. Do note that fresh produce helps to curb your appetite to prevent overeating during the main meals. Other than forcing yourself to starve during these joyful moments, be smart and choose to start indulging with fresh cut fruits and vegetables before the main course.
Some ways that snacks can be beneficial in a diet are: they can increase nutrient intake, sustain energy levels, help the body recover from exercise and give individuals plenty of healthy options.
How much snack is it advisable for us to eat?
A snack portion should be enough to satisfy but not so much that it interferes with your appetite for a meal or adds too many calories. When a snack food tastes great, it’s easy especially for kids to eat too much and possibly spoil their appetites for the next meal. Remember to keep the snack small but still enough to hold off hunger between meals. Kids may need one or two snacks a day, depending on their activity level.
Being cautious about your portion size is very important.
- Apple slices
- ¼ cup of nuts, sunflower seeds, dried raisins
- ½ cup of blueberries or strawberries
- 1 cup of grapes
- Carrot sticks or sliced vegetables
So, we have gathered a few interesting snacks combo for you to enjoy during this Christmas season! It’s absolutely easy to prepare so you can have the young ones to join you in the preparation process. Give them a try and don’t forget to tag us at @mykuvings.
- Cut the wholemeal wrap into four, and grilled them
- Mashed ripe avocado and seasoned with black pepper and salt
- Add star shaped sliced cheese and cherry tomatoes for that creamy sweet taste
- Sliced strawberry and banana
- Poked using this sequence; green grapes, sliced banana, strawberry, marshmallow
- There you go, your mini Santa!
- Slice cherry tomatoes into two
- Cut bread and sliced cheese into star shaped. You can also add egg and salad
- Use toothpick and start poke with cherry tomato, followed by bread and cheese simultaneously
- Top the tree by using marshmallow
Add sliced cucumber and carrot to the plates or any fresh foods of your likings. Preparing snacks ahead of time and leaving them in the fridge will save on time when you need a quick pick up before leaving the house or when you are busy preparing other main meals. It can also help you choose the healthier snack over the unhealthy snack which will lead to consuming more nutrient dense foods throughout the day that can help improve your health. Consuming these healthy snacks can help the body recover after exercise, feel happier and allow you to have more energy throughout the day.
Get ready to get your healthy snacks prepared the easiest way by using our elegant Molly multi function cooker. Fuss free and you practically can prepare your meals anywhere around the house. Click on the link below for some special year end promo!