Eid Special: 3 Health and Beauty Secrets for Hari Raya
With the festive period right around the corner, the main concerns to get ready for Raya are:
- Reversing the signs of fasting such as chapped lips, dry and dull skin and the general look of fatigue
- Maintaining a healthy diet when attending / hosting Raya celebrations, events and open houses
1. Health & Beauty Secret For Glowing Skin
Add lemons to your juice recipes but make sure to keep the peel when you insert the fruit into your juicer. The lemon peel is very high in vitamin C, calcium and potassium – all of which boosts your immune system and gives you the natural glow.
Say goodbye to puffy eye bags and dehydrated skin and hello to your Hari Raya look! Boost your confidence with bright, glowing skin using this effortless beauty secret and take your selfie game to the next level.
2. Health & Beauty Secret For Soft, Red Lips
Leading up towards Raya, you should consume more fruits and vegetables that have a red pigment base such as pomegranates, beetroots and carrots. Increasing the intake of these produce will enhance blood circulation which helps to reduce darkening or dull skin.
For external purposes, make use of the fruit and vegetable pulp instead of letting these go to waste. Beetroot pulp can be used to create a paste, while carrot pulp can be applied directly on the lips to reduce discolouration and flaky skin.
3. Health & Beauty Secret For Hari Raya Food Alternatives
Resist the temptation of Hari Raya delicacies such as sugary kuih muih and calorie-rich ketupat, lemang, rendang etc. and maintain your healthy diet.
Replace kuihs with this guilt-free ice cream recipe that uses only 3 ingredients to boost energy levels and enhance the skin complexion:
- Handful of spinach
- 2 green apples
- 1 lemon slice
With this quick and easy recipe, you are able to fulfill the Ministry of Health’s suku suku separuh recommendation for dietary intake rather than overloading on rich yet unhealthy Hari Raya food.
Our Kuvings Dieticians use the EVO820, one of the best slow juicers in Malaysia, to create this refreshing ice cream flavour. For further advice and consultation on how to reap the benefits of a slow juicer compared to a blender, get in touch with us directly!
Take advantage of the full functions of your juicer by learning the benefits of juicing and include it in your daily routine so that you can look and feel your best before and after Raya!
Blog postsView all
- Taking Care of your Mental Health
- 5 Juicing Mistakes To Avoid
- Tips to Enjoy Malaysian Dishes the Healthier Way
- Juice & Smoothie Recipes for Breastfeeding Mothers
- Healthy Hangout Treats That You Should Try
- 6 Immune Boosting Juicing Recipes for The Pros
- The Best Coffee Alternative: Juice for Energy & Productivity